Updated: Jun 1, 2019
Accurate transcription starts with proper recording preparations.
1. Use high-quality microphone and recording equipment.
2. Speak in a clear voice.
3. Record in a place with minimal background noise.
4. Use lapel mic for speakers who move around.
5. Use individual mic for multiple speakers.
6. Let the speakers identify themselves before the conversation.
7. Make sure that the recorder is ON before the event.
Remember: Clear audio recording translates to accurate transcription.
For more transcription tips, join our mailing list! No spam, just productivity hacks, transcription tools, and things that simplify work! We believe in working smarter, not harder.